Saturday, October 30, 2010

Crafter Profile - Karen N

Her Story: After being diagnoses with Parkinson's, I retired from my job as our church secretary. A few years later, I became interested in painting. Starting with flower pots in my home. My family encouraged me to continue. I becan to try painting (acrylic) on other items, such as wood, glass, canvas, etc. Each item I do is hand painted - there are no two alike. I generally do not paint large volumes of the same item but have done 80-100 of some things, used as favors for social functions.

What keeps her interested in crafting: I like a challenge and like to see what the results will be like (sometimes it's a surprise!) This has been great therapy - mentally, physically, and spiritually. It gives me confidence and keeps my mind busy; thinking about what I am working on and the next project at the same time. I thank God for allowing me to have the talent.

Her favorite craft: Anything involving acrylic painting

No comments:

Post a Comment